September 2nd, 2017 at 3:37pm CST by Sam Robinson
The Cowboys navigated the busy cut week and moved down to the 53-man limit. Here are the players Dallas removed from its roster to reach the regular-season standard.
Placed on Reserved/Suspended list:
Placed on IR:
August 15th, 2017 at 7:26pm CST by Dallas Robinson
Today’s minor moves:
Green Bay Packers
- Waived: DL Shaneil Jenkins
- Signed: WR Justice Liggins
- Waived/injured: RB Dalton Crossan
Los Angeles Chargers
- Signed LB Kyle Coleman
- Waived/injured: LB Mike Moore
June 13th, 2017 at 7:27pm CST by Ben Levine
Tuesday’s minor moves from around the league:
- The Bills announced that they have released tight end Blake Annen. The 26-year-old joined the team’s practice squad back in 2015, but he failed to play for the big-league club in either of his two years with the organization. Annen hasn’t recorded a reception in five career games.
- The Cowboys have signed undrafted wideout Lance Lenoir, reports ESPN.com’s Todd Archer. The Western Illinois product set several school records during his four-year collegiate career, including receptions, yards and touchdown catches. To make room on the roster, the team has released tight end M.J. McFarland. The 24-year-old was an undrafted free agent out of Texas-El Paso in 2016.
- The Titans announced that they have signed linebacker Victor Ochi and cornerback Manny Abad. Ochi, a former Stony Brook standout, appeared in a pair of games with the Jets in 2016, and he’s also spent time with the Chiefs and Ravens. Abad, a Florida Tech product, previously participated in the team’s rookie minicamp. To make room on the roster, the team released defensive back Trevon Hartfield and defensive end Caushaud Lyons. Hartfield appeared in two games with the Cardinals in 2016, while Lyons had brief stints with the Buccaneers and Steelers.
- The Falcons announced (via Twitter) that they have waived linebacker/defensive end Darius English. The former South Carolina standout finished his college career with 134 tackles and 15 sacks in 41 games. English previously played at McEachern High School, where he won AAAAA Defensive Player of the Year honors from the Atlanta Journal Constitution (via D. Orlando Ledbetter of AJC).
- The Falcons have added Martin Ifedi, according to Ledbetter (via Charean Williams of ProFootballTalk.com). The former seventh-round pick was waived by the Rams prior to the 2015 season, and he also had a brief stint with the Buccaneers. The Memphis product initially joined the Falcons’ practice squad late last season.
- To make room for wideout Jeremy Maclin, the Ravens are waiving tight end Barrett Burns, reports Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun (via Twitter). The Appalachian State product joined the organization less than a week ago. Over the past two season, the tight end hauled in 11 touchdowns.
December 20th, 2016 at 8:00pm CST by Dallas Robinson
Tuesday is typically a busy workout day for NFL teams, and the level of activity only increases near the end of the season, when clubs are looking at players who might be candidates for reserve/futures contracts. Here are today’s tryout notes:
- The Buccaneers worked out quarterback Sean Renfree, defensive end Alex Bazzie, linebacker Deon Lacey, and Spanish rugby star Inaki Villanueva (as a tight end), reports Adam Caplan of ESPN.com (Twitter link). Renfree, 26, spent last season as Matt Ryan‘s backup in Atlanta, and has auditioned for a number of clubs this year without being offered a deal.
- The Lions worked out a pair of free agent tight ends — David Ausberry and Gabe Hughes — at the end of last week, tweets Justin Rogers of the Detroit News. PFR reported earlier this year that Ausberry tore his Achilles during a November 2015 tryout with New York, and has presumably been rehabbing ever since.
- Former Chicago linebacker Khaseem Greene tried out for the Chiefs, per Terez A. Paylor of the Kansas City Star (Twitter link). Greene started six games for the Bears from 2012-14, and has spent time on a few other NFL rosters, but hasn’t appeared in the NFL in two years.
- The Jets met with quarterback Mike Bercovici; tight ends M.J. McFarland, Gannon Sinclair, and Jason Vander Laan; and wide receiver Dez Stewart, according to Rich Cimini of ESPN.com (Twitter link). Bercovici, a 2016 favorite of some NFL draftniks, went to camp with San Diego but didn’t make the final cut.
- The Titans worked out former Oakland/New York defensive end Shelby Harris today, tweets Caplan. Harris, 25, played in eight games over the past two seasons with the Raiders.
- The Texans met with cornerback Mitchell White, who has spent the past three years in the Canadian Football League, according to Caplan (Twitter link).
- The Patriots auditioned defensive tackle Jeoffrey Pagan, reports Doug Kyed of NESN (Twitter link).
September 13th, 2016 at 6:55pm CST by Zachary Links
Here are Tuesday’s practice squad signings and cuts from around the NFL:
- Signed: RB Blake Sims (link via Matt Zenitz of AL.com)
- Cut: RB Gus Johnson (Twitter link via Aaron Wilson of The Houston Chronicle)
- Signed: WR Marquis Bundy (via team announcement)
- Cut: WR Chris Hubert (Twitter link via Aaron Wilson of The Houston Chronicle)
- Cut: WR Shaq Evans (Twitter link via Michael DiRocco of ESPN.com)
New England Patriots
New Orleans Saints
New York Giants
- Signed: OT Takoby Cofield (Twitter link via reps at Precision Sports)
- Cut: LB Jason Fanaika (Twitter link via Scott Bair of CSNBayArea.com)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Signed: QB Alex Tanney (Twitter link via Paul Kuharsky of ESPN.com)
- Cut: OL Ronald Patrick
September 3rd, 2016 at 3:57pm CST by Rory Parks
The Eagles have cut the following four players in advance of today’s deadline:
Philadelphia just signed Metz, a former Arena League standout, several days ago. Bethel-Thompson, meanwhile, will seek to continue what has been a nomadic professional career.
As Shorr-Parks observes, Gause’s release indicates that the club is prepared to open the season with only five linebackers, unless a trade is in the works.
Zach Links contributed to this post.