West Virginia safety Karl Joseph, who is recovering from a torn ACL, won’t be able to run before the draft, but that isn’t stopping several teams around the NFL from bringing him in for a visit to get a first-hand look at him.
According to Aaron Wilson of the National Football Post (Twitter link), Joseph, who was in Pittsburgh on Monday, also has visits with the Cowboys, Vikings, Broncos, Bengals, Giants, Texans, and Colts on his pre-draft schedule. In Pro Football Rumors’ first 2016 mock draft, our Rob DiRe had Joseph coming off the board 21st overall, but there’s a good chance health concerns will drop him into the second round on draft day.
Here are several more of the latest updates on draft visits and workouts for prospects. All links are courtesy of Aaron Wilson unless otherwise indicated:
- We can add the Rams, Bengals, and Jaguars to the list of teams hosting Houston cornerback William Jackson III for pre-draft visits (Twitter link). Jackson is a probable first-round pick.
- Monmouth tight end Hakeem Valles worked out for the Seahawks on Monday and will work out for Falcons tight ends coach Wade Harman on Thursday. Valles also has meetings (or has had meetings) with the Buccaneers, Falcons, and Chargers and will work out at the Eagles‘ and Giants‘ local days (Twitter links).
- Mississippi State cornerback Taveze Calhoun has or had workouts with the Cowboys, Lions, Jaguars, 49ers, and Buccaneers, and is visiting the Patriots and Dolphins (Twitter link).
- San Diego State offensive lineman Darrell Greene has worked out – or will work out – for the Texans, Browns, Eagles, Colts, and 49ers, and has visited the Vikings and Chargers (link).
- There usually aren’t more than a couple punters drafted in a given year, but Texas Tech punter Taylor Symmank is drawing some interest. He recently worked out for the Jets and participated in the Cowboys‘ local workout, and is meeting with the Lions today (Twitter link).
Zach Links contributed to this post.