Here is the latest news involving restricted free agents and exclusive-rights free agents, with updates coming throughout the day:
- Bears: DE Roy Robertson-Harris, LB Isaiah Irving, OL Rashaad Coward
- Seahawks: LB Austin Calitro, LB Emmanuel Ellerbee, C Joey Hunt, RB J.D. McKissic, CB Kalan Reed
- Bears: S DeAndre Houston-Carson (via Howard Balzer on Twitter)
- Bengals: QB Brad Kaaya (via Balzer)
- Cardinals: LB Gabe Martin, DE Zach Moore, C Daniel Munyer (via Balzer)
- Chiefs: TE Alex Ellis (via Balzer)
- Colts: S Ronald Martin (via Balzer)
- Falcons: WR Marvin Hall (via Balzer)
- Giants: DT Kristjan Sokoli (via Balzer)
- Patriots: WR Cody Hollister (Twitter link via Mike Reiss of ESPN.com)
- Raiders: CB Tevin Mitchel (via Balzer)
- Rams: LB Garrett Sickels (via Balzer)
- Ravens: OT Steven Moore (via Balzer)
- Saints: DB Rickey Jefferson (per NOLA.com’s Josh Katzenstein, on Twitter)
- Seahawks: DE Ricky Ali’ifua, DB T.J. Green, RB Tre Madden, DB T.J. Mutcherson
- Steelers: T Joseph Cheek, S Malik Golden, LB Keith Kelsey, TE Jake McGee (via Balzer)
- Vikings: OT Cedrick Lang, TE Josiah Price (via Balzer)
Tendered at second-round level:
Tendered at original-round level:
- Chiefs: S Jordan Lucas
- Saints: CB Ken Crawley (Twitter link via Nick Underhill of The New Orleans Advocate)
- Seahawks: DL Quinton Jefferson (via Tom Pelissero of NFL.com, on Twitter)
- Bears: LS Patrick Scales (via Balzer)
- Bengals: TE Matt Lengel (via Balzer)
- Bills: TE Logan Thomas (via Mike Rodak of ESPN.com, on Twitter)
- Broncos: QB Kevin Hogan, LB Deiontrez Mount, WR Jordan Taylor (via Balzer)
- Browns: CB Juston Burris, TE Orson Charles (via Balzer)
- Buccaneers: TE Alan Cross, CB Javien Elliott, T Leonard Wester (via Balzer)
- Cardinals: LB Jeremy Cash, OT John Wetzel (via Balzer)
- Chiefs: LB Terrance Smith (via Balzer)
- Dolphins: WR Leonte Carroo (via Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald)
- 49ers: S Tyvis Powell (via Balzer)
- Jaguars: OG Chris Reed (via Balzer)
- Jets: DT Destiny Vaeao (via Balzer)
- Panthers: WR Damiere Byrd (via Balzer)
- Raiders: DE Shilique Calhoun (via Balzer)
- Redskins: WR Maurice Harris (per Mike Garafolo of NFL.com, on Twitter), RB Rob Kelley (via Balzer)
- Saints: WR Tommylee Lewis (via Josh Katzenstein of NOLA.com, on Twitter)
Today’s minor moves:
- Signed: FB Jalston Fowler, WR Julian Williams
- Waived: FB Luke McNitt, WR Taj Williams
- Signed: FB Kobe McCrary, G Kareem Are
- Placed on IR: DE Ade Aruna
- Waived/Injured: OL Cedrick Lang, FB Johnny Stanton, TE Josiah Price
New York Giants
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Signed: DT Jerel Worthy
- Waived/Injured: LB Shaheed Salmon
Here are the latest reserve/futures contract signings from around the NFL. These deals will go into effect on the first day of the 2018 league year, with players joining their respective clubs’ offseason 90-man rosters:
- OT Dieugot Joseph
- OT Cedrick Lang
- DE Caushaud Lyons
- DE Ifeadi Odenigbo
- CB Horace Richardson
- LB Antwione Williams.
NFL teams began forming their practice squads on Sunday, but they’re tinkering with them today as they will throughout the season. We’ll keep track of Monday’s practice squad moves here:
- Signed: LB B.J. Bello, OL Travis Averill
- Signed: DT Gabe Wright
- Signed: C Cornelius Edison, OT Cedrick Lang
New England Patriots
- Signed: WR Demarcus Ayers
New York Jets
- Signed: CB Terrell Sinkfield, DL Patrick Gamble, OLB Geoff Gray, WR JoJo Natson, OLB Freddie Bishop, RB Marcus Murphy
- Signed: WR Zach Pascal
The Broncos are down to a 52-man roster. Why 52, you ask? That’s because their signing of quarterback Brock Osweiler is not yet official. Once he’s inked, they’ll be at the 53-man max.
The Broncos also have Shane Ray on the active roster as of this writing. If they place him on IR, they’ll have another spot to work with.
Here’s the full look at their roster:
- DE Nelson Adams
- S Dante Barnett
- C Dillon Day
- LB Vontarrius Dora
- LB Ken Ekanem
- LB Jerrol Garcia-Williams
- LB Quentin Gause
- LB Deon Hollins
- G Cameron Hunt
- NT Tyrique Jarrett
- OT Cedrick Lang
- LB Danny Mason
- LB Deiontrez Mount
- OT Justin Murray
- WR Anthony Nash
- NT Kyle Peko
- WR Kalif Raymond
- CB Marcus Rios
- TE Steven Scheu
- OL Michael Schofield
- WR Hunter Sharp
- QB Kyle Sloter
- DE Shakir Soto
- S Orion Stewart
- S Dymonte Thomas
- RB Juwan Thompson
- TE Austin Traylor
- OT Elijah Wilkinson
- RB Stanley Williams
- LB Kevin Snyder
Placed On IR:
- TE Jake Butt
- QB Chad Kelly
The Giants have signed four players to reserve/futures contracts, including safety Rahim Moore, reports Ralph Vacchiano of SNY. The organization also added linebacker Curtis Grant, running back Daryl Virgies and guard Martin Wallace.
The Giants have looked at Moore several times over the past year. The team discussed signing the former second-rounder last offseason, but the defensive back ultimately joined the Browns on a one-year, $1.85MM deal. Moore was cut in early September and earned a tryout from the Giants in October, but he ended up sitting out the entire season.
The 26-year-old spent the first four seasons of his career in Denver, where he started 48 games for the Broncos. Moore signed a three-year, $12MM deal with the Texans once he reached free agency, but he ended up compiling career-lows in games played (seven), tackles (16), and interceptions (one) during the 2015 season.
The Giants will presumably head into the 2017 season with Landon Collins and Darian Thompson as their starting safeties. The team also has undrafted free agent Andrew Adams, who started 13 games last season.
Virgies comes out of Division III Virginia University. Vacchiano notes that the running back’s career was derailed following a gunshot wound in late 2015. Wallace has one career game under his belt, and he’s spent time with the Browns, Panthers, Buccaneers, Bears, Cardinals, and Jets. Grant, an Ohio State product, spent last season in the 49ers organization.
The Giants worked out a number of additional players, according to Howard Balzer (on Twitter). The group included running back Marshaun Coprich, quarterback Austin Davis, tight end Cedrick Lang, and wideout Durron Neal.
Photo courtesy of USA Today Sports Images.
The Giants announced the signing of a quartet of players, including quarterback/wide receiver B.J. Daniels. In addition to the versatile Daniels, the Giants confirmed the addition of wide receivers Kadron Boone and Donte Foster as well as defensive end Ishaq Williams (previously reported). To make room, wide receiver Ben Edwards was waived/injured while linebacker James Morris, quarterback Josh Woodrum, and tight end Cedrick Lang were waived.
Daniels has been with the 49ers, Texans, and Seahawks in the last three years. A former seventh-round draft pick of the Niners, Daniels did not appear in a game until last season, when he played in six for the Seahawks and two for the Texans. His final stat line for the year was one completion off of two passes, six rushing attempts for six yards, two receptions for 18 yards, and five punt returns for 25 yards.
Williams has not seen live football action since 2013 when he was punished at Notre Dame for alleged academic fraud. In his three seasons for the Fighting Irish, Williams played in 35 games and totaled 45 tackles, six tackles for losses, one sack and one forced fumble.
Boone, an LSU product, played in college with Giants wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. and punter Brad Wing.
Photo courtesy of USA Today Sports Images.
It’s been a busy morning for the Giants as their rookie minicamp opens. The team announced today that it has signed four draft picks, including first-round cornerback Eli Apple, along with 14 undrafted free agents.
In addition to locking up Apple, the Giants have signed second-round wide receiver Sterling Shepard, fifth-round running back Paul Perkins, and sixth-round tight end Jerell Adams. Only the team’s third- and fourth-round picks – safety Darian Thompson and linebacker B.J. Goodson – remain unsigned.
Apple’s four-year rookie contract will feature a fifth-year option for 2020, and is worth $15.152MM in total, including a $9.22MM signing bonus. The other rookie deals are far more modest, including Shepard’s, which has a total value of $5.945MM, with a $2.523MM signing bonus.
Here’s the complete list of 14 undrafted free agents that have joined the Giants:
- QB Josh Woodrum (Liberty) ($20K guarantee, per Aaron Wilson)
- RB Marshaun Coprich (Illinois State)
- WR Roger Lewis (Bowling Green)
- WR K.J. Maye (Minnesota)
- WR Darius Powe (California)
- TE Cedrick Lang (UTEP)
- TE Ryan Malleck (Virginia Tech)
- DE Romeo Okwara (Notre Dame)
- DE Mike Rose (North Carolina State) ($12K guarantee, per Wilson)
- DT Melvin Lewis (Kentucky) ($10K guarantee, per Wilson)
- DT Greg Milhouse (Campbell)
- DB Andrew Adams (UConn)
- DB Donte Deayon (Boise State)
- DB Michael Hunter (Oklahoma State)