The Redskins announced that they’ve signed third-round cornerback Fabian Moreau, meaning the club has now locked up its entire 2017 draft class.
Moreau, a UCLA product was considered a late first-round or early second-round prospect before tearing his pectoral during the predraft process. Following the injury, Moreau fell to the 81st overall pick, but should still have a chance to compete for playing time during his rookie campaign pending the speed of his recovery. Washington’s cornerbacks behind Josh Norman currently include Bashaud Breeland, Quinton Dunbar, Kendall Fuller, and Dashaun Phillips.
Here’s a complete overview of the Redskins’ rookie class:
- 1-17: Jonathan Allen, DL (Alabama)
- 2-49: Ryan Anderson, LB (Alabama)
- 3-81: Fabian Moreau, CB (UCLA)
- 4-114: Samaje Perine, RB (Oklahoma)
- 4-123: Montae Nicholson, S (Michigan State)
- 5-154: Jeremy Sprinkle, TE (Arkansas)
- 6-199: Chase Roullier, C (Wyoming)
- 6-209: Robert Davis, WR (Georgia State)
- 7-230: Josh Harvey-Clemons, S (Louisville)
- 7-235: Joshua Holsey, S (Auburn)
Photo courtesy of USA Today Sports Images.