Monday’s minor moves…
- The Giants have waived running George Winn and quarterback Keith Wenning, per a club announcement. Winn has been a member of seven organizations since going undrafted out of Cincinnati in 2013, though he has only seen action with one (Detroit). As a Lion from 2014-15, he rushed for 74 yards on 23 attempts. Wenning, who went to Baltimore in the sixth round of the 2014 draft, signed with the Giants’ practice squad in late December. They retained him on a reserve/futures deal in January, but he’s now out of the organization roughly five months later.
- The Bears have waived running backs Bralon Addison and David Cobb; cornerbacks De’Vante Bausby and Jacoby Glenn; wide receiver Dres Anderson; and tight end Justin Perillo. Of those six players, only three (Addison, Bausby and Glenn) took the field for the Bears last season. Glenn made the biggest impact, logging three starts and an interception in seven games. The biggest name of the bunch is Cobb, a fifth-round pick of the Titans in 2015 who ran for 146 yards on 52 carries as a rookie.
- The Bears did make one addition to their roster Monday, signing center Taylor Boggs, according to his agency, Schwartz & Feinsod (Twitter link). Boggs was a Bear from 2013-14, appearing in five games, before moving on to the Lions and Cardinals. With Arizona last year, he picked up the first two starts of his career.
- The Saints have waived defensive end D.J. Pettway with a non-football injury designation and defensive back Jimmy Pruitt with a failed physical designation, tweets Joel A. Erickson of the Advocate.
- The Rams have cut offensive lineman David Arkin, per Alden Gonzalez of ESPN.com. Last season was the four-year veteran’s only campaign with the Rams. Arkin appeared in two games.