The Cowboys have added a host of undrafted free agents, including two quarterbacks. Here’s the full list plus some details on the team’s newest signal callers:
- Austin Appleby, QB (Florida)
- Woody Baron, DT (Virginia Tech)
- Brian Brown, WR (Richmond)
- Michael Coe, C (North Dakota)
- Kennan Gilchrist, LB (Appalachian State)
- Blake Jarwin, TE (Oklahoma State)
- Joseph Jones, LB (Northwestern)
- Levon Myers, OT (Northern Illinois)
- Lewis Neal, DE (LSU)
- Cooper Rush, QB (Central Michigan)
- Nate Theaker, G (Wayne State)
- Jahad Thomas, RB (Temple)
- Lucas Wacha, LB (Wyoming)
Appleby started out at Purdue but transferred to Florida for his final collegiate season. In 2016, he threw for ten touchdowns against seven interceptions with a 60.8% completion percentage in his nine games. It probably wasn’t as strong of a showing as he would have liked before shifting his focus to the NFL. Rush, meanwhile, started in all four seasons at Central Michigan and received high praise for his football IQ during the draft process.
Both players will compete for a spot behind Dak Prescott and Kellen Moore. It’s not clear whether the Cowboys want to carry three QBs on the roster, but it helps that the team did not select any QBs in the draft.
Jarwin will received a higher-than-average bonus of $15K, per Tom Pelissero of USA Today (on Twitter).