The Vikings have agreed to terms with 17 undrafted free agents. Here’s the complete rundown:
- Jeff Badet, WR (Oklahoma)
- Mike Boone, RB (Cincinnati)
- Curtis Cothran, DT (Penn State)
- Garret Dooley, LB (Wisconsin)
- Armanti Foreman, WR (Texas)
- Chris Gonzalez, G (San Jose State)
- Holton Hill, CB (Texas)
- Tyler Hoppes, TE (Nebraska)
- Hercules Mata’afa, LB (Washington State)
- Trevon Mathis, CB (Toledo)
- Tray Matthews, S (Auburn)
- Kamryn Pettway, FB (Auburn)
- Peter Pujals, QB (Holy Cross)
- Korey Robertson, WR (Southern Mississippi)
- Roc Thomas, RB (Jacksonville State)
- Jake Wieneke, WR (South Dakota State)
- Jonathan Wynn, DE (Vanderbilt)
Hill received $75K guaranteed in the form of a $15K signing bonus and $60K in base salary, which is the most money received by UDFA since Mike Zimmer became the team’s head coach in 2014, writes Ben Goessling of the Star Tribune.
Robertson received $50K guaranteed with his deal, Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Press tweets. The wide receiver caught 76 passes for 1,106 yards for Southern Mississippi last season.
Wieneke, a native of Maple Grove, Minnesota, said this week that he is ecstatic about the opportunity to play for the Vikings.
“It’s the best feeling in the world,’’ said Wieneke (via Tomasson). “I get to stay with the team I grew up loving and I get to stay in Minnesota. It can’t be anything better than this.’’
Dooley received $41K in guaranteed money with an $11K signing bonus and $30K in base salary.
Hill may be the most intriguing prospect of the bunch. The cornerback was suspended by Texas for the last month of the season for reasons that are still unknown. In terms of talent, he was regarded as a draftable player.
Meanwhile, running backs Thomas and Boone and fullback/running back Pettway have a reach chance at making the roster after the Vikings declined to select a running back over the weekend. After the departure of Jerick McKinnon, there are no other running backs to support Dalvin Cook and Latavius Murray.