Here are Tuesday’s updates from the workout circuit, all links going to veteran NFL reporter Howard Balzer’s Twitter unless otherwise noted.
- T Dino Boyd, G Colby Gossett, G Malcolm Pridgeon (Twitter links via Balzer and the Houston Chronicle’s Aaron Wilson)
- T Paul Adams, WR Quincy Adeboyejo, CB Deante Burton, DT Justin Hamilton, DE Willie Henry, LB Jawaun Johnson, S Josh Jones, WR DaMarkus Lodge, WR Anthony Ratliff-Williams (via ESPN.com’s Todd Archer)
- RB Benny Cunningham, RB Quinton Flowers, DE Durrant Miles, CB Marcus Sherels, LB James Vaughters (link)
Green Bay Packers
- T Gerhard deBeer, Christian DiLauro, Brandon Hitner, C James Murray (link)
New Orleans Saints
- LB Ray-Ray Armstrong, QB J.T. Barrett, TE Crockett Gillmore, WR Krishawn Hogan, TE Gabe Holmes, QB Chad Kanoff, WR Jordan Matthews, TE Brian Parker, LB Brian Peters, LB Malcolm Smith, WR Deonte Thompson, QB Phillip Walker (link)
New York Jets
- LB B.J. Bello, CB Jordan Brown, CB Nigel Harris, CB Joshua Holsey, Shakial Taylor, CB Ahmad Thomas (link)
San Francisco 49ers
- LS Jon Condo, LS Garrison Sanborn, LS Drew Scott, T Sam Young (Twitter links via Balzer and ESPN.com’s Adam Schefter)
- LB Malik Carney, CB Jeremy Clark, S Adrian Colbert, DT Lyndon Johnson, CB Greg Mabin, CB Duke Thomas (link)
A handful of workout notes from around the NFL:
- OL Dino Boyd, OL Parker Ehinger, OL Brandon Hitner, OL Jaryd Jones-Smith (via Chicago Tribune’s Brad Biggs on Twitter)
Green Bay Packers
The Texans made a flurry of roster moves to get down to 53 players today. Among the notable names that were cut was former Browns cornerback Briean Boddy-Calhoun. Boddy-Calhoun started at least seven games for Cleveland in each of the past three seasons, but couldn’t crack Houston’s roster after signing a one-year deal back in March.
Receiver Chad Hansen, a fourth-round pick of the Jets in 2017, was also let go. He’s bounced around the league ever since New York cut bait after just one season. Houston also cut ties with reserve pass-rusher Joel Heath. An undrafted rookie in 2016, Heath started 15 games for the Texans across his first two years in the league.
Here are the rest of the players who failed to make the team:
WR Floyd Allen
OLB Jesse Aniebonam
CB Derrick Baity Jr.
OLB Davin Bellamy
OLB Jamal Davis II
T Christian DiLauro
NT Javi Edwards
RB Karan Higdon Jr.
T Rick Leonard
WR Steven Mitchell Jr.
CB Jermaine Ponder
OLB Gimel President
G Malcolm Pridgeon
G Maurquice Shakir
WR Jester Weah
ILB B.J. Bello
ILB Xavier Woodson
Placed on IR:
QB Joe Webb III
The Texans have signed all but one member of their seven-prospect draft class, and they’ve added to that crop by inking the following undrafted free agents:
- Jesse Aniebonam, LB (Maryland)
- Derrick Baity, CB (Kentucky)
- D.J. Coker, C (Rhodes College)
- Damarea Crockett, RB (Missouri)
- Jamal Davis, LB (Akron)
- Johnnie Dixon, WR (Ohio State)
- Johnny Dwight, DE (Alabama)
- Javier Edwards, DT (Colorado)
- Austin Exford, S (Appalachian State)
- Karan Higdon, RB (Michigan)
- Albert Huggins, DE (Clemson)
- Chris Johnson, S (North Alabama)
- Tyron Johnson, WR (Oklahoma State)
- Drew Lewis, LB (Colorado)
- Ira Lewis, DE (Baylor)
- Stephen Louis, WR (North Carolina State)
- Chase Middleton, LB (Georgia State)
- Walter Palmore, DT (Missouri)
- Malcolm Pridgeon, G (Ohio State)
- Dexter Wright, LB (North Carolina State)
Higdon could have a path to a roster spot in Houston. The Texans used a seventh-round pick on Texas A&M running back Cullen Gillaspia, but the only other running backs competing for time behind starter Lamar Miller are D’Onta Foreman (who saw only seven carries in 2018 while recovering from a torn Achilles), Josh Ferguson, and Buddy Howell.
The Texans gave significant guarantees to several of their UDFAs, per Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle. Higdon received a $45 base salary and a $5K signing bonus, Crockett got a $35K base salary guarantee with a $10K signing bonus, and Pridgeon received a $35K base salary with an $8K signing bonus.
Huggins received a $35K base salary guarantee with a $5K signing bonus, Palmore got a $30K base salary guarantee with a $10K signing bonus and Davis will collect a $30K base salary guarantee with a $7K signing bonus.
Chris Johnson received a $25K base salary guarantee and a $10K signing bonus, Tyron Johnson got a $30K base salary guarantee and a $5K signing bonus, and Dixon will collect a $40K base salary guarantee and a $10K signing bonus.