Here is a recap of some recent workouts around the league:
San Francisco 49ers
- WR Bralon Addison, C Jake Brendel, DB Chris Edwards, DT Willie Henry, S Derrick Kindred, DE Jonathan Kongbo, DT T.Y. McGill, LB Derrick Moncrief, OL Aaron Neary, DT Ray Smith, DL Ethan Westbrooks, DE Jonathan Woodard
Today’s practice squad updates, all courtesy of veteran NFL reporter Howard Balzer (on Twitter):
- WR Bryant Mitchell; T Ryker Mathews; LBs Tobi Antigha, Sam Eguavoen, Pete Robertson, Alex Singleton, Jameer Thurman; K Ty Long
- G Avery Gennesy
- RB Jarvion Franklin; TE Kevin Rader; G Ian Park; DT Lance McDowell; S Jack Tocho
Green Bay Packers
Los Angeles Chargers
- LB Jameer Thurman; DEs Tobi Antigha, Kwaku Boateng; S Chris Edwards
New Orleans Saints
San Francisco 49ers
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- G Chris Schleuger; T Dakoda Shepley; DB Tevaughn Campbell; Ks Jon Brown, Trevor Moore; Ps Hayden Hunt, Ryan Winslow; LS Zach Triner
The Raiders have cut down to 75 with roughly 24 hours to spare. The following players have been waived by Oakland:
- S Chris Edwards
- S Chris Hackett
- S Jimmy Hall
- WR Joe Hanley
- WR Max McCaffrey
- WR Nathan Palmer
- DT Leon Orr
- K Giorgio Tavecchio
- TE Colton Underwood
- DB Tramain Jacobs
- LS Andrew East
- LB Lenny Jones
- OL Terran Vaughn
- OL Ross Burbank
In addition, the Raiders also formally placed tight end Gabe Holmes on IR.
McCaffrey, of course, is the son of former Denver wide receiver Ed McCaffrey. Max, a Duke product, turned heads when he posted a 4.46 second 40-yard dash at his pro day earlier this year.
Today’s minor moves:
- The Raiders signed defensive back Chris Edwards, receiver Joe Hansley, defensive lineman Branden Jackson, running back Jalen Richards, and offensive lineman Torian White, Wilson tweets. Meanwhile, Wilson tweets that the team released defensive end Sheby Harris, cornerback Tony McRae, and safety Tevin McDonald.
- Wilson tweeted a list of Panthers signings: linebacker Jared Barber, tight end Braxton Deaver, cornerback Shaquille Richardson, offensive tackle Jordan Rigsbee, wide receiver Miles Shuler, and running back Jalen Simmons. The team announced that they’ve cut receiver Jenson Stoshak and cornerbacks Brandon Boykin and Ras-I Dowling.
- The Cowboys have cut long snapper Brandon Hartson, tweets Wilson.
- The Broncos have signed linebacker Dekoda Watson to a one-year deal, Jeff Legwold of ESPN.com tweets. Watson appeared in three games for the Patriots last year as he was yo-yo’d on and off of the team’s roster.
- Eagles guard/tackle Matt Tobin has signed a two-year deal with the team, a source tells Adam Caplan of ESPN.com (Twitter links). Tobin was previously set to play out this year on his one-year restricted free agent tender. Now, his new deal will lower his base salary for this season.
- Washington waived linebacker Reggie Northrup, Adam Schefter of ESPN.com tweets. Interestingly, Northrup is represented by rapper Lil Wayne.
- More Washington signings via the team’s website: tackle Al Bond, guard Nila Kasitati, linebacker Mike Wakefield and running back Kelsey Young. Guard Dominick Jackson was waived.
- The Seahawks have waived/injured linebacker Christian French and signed fellow linebacker Khairi Fortt to take his place on the 90-man roster, Bob Condotta of The Seattle Times tweets.
- The Bengals are set to sign former University of Buffalo quarterback Joe Licata, as Tyler Dunne of The Buffalo News tweets. To make room, rookie quarterback Matt Johnson has been waived.
- The Browns signed defensive back Eric Patterson, Aaron Wilson of The Houston Chronicle tweets. The 23-year-old entered the NFL last year as a UDFA with New England. The Ball State product appeared in two games for Indianapolis and one with St. Louis.
- The Bears announced they have signed Donovan Williams, an offensive lineman from Louisiana-Lafayette (Twitter link via Brad Biggs of The Chicago Tribune). The Bears have also released center Dan Buchholz, wide receiver/tight end Marcus Lucas, and wide receiver Nathan Palmer (link).
- The Bears waived defensive end Bruce Gaston, Rob Demovsky of ESPN.com writes. Demovsky suggests that Gaston, who made Green Bay’s opening day roster last season, could get another look from the Packers.
- The Chargers have signed former Arizona State guard Vi Teofilo to a three-year deal, a source tells Michael Gehlken of U-T San Diego. The 6’3″, 205-pound lineman will look to compete for a practice squad spot. The Chargers waived guard Sebastian Johansson, an undrafted rookie guard from Marshall, in a corresponding move. They also waived-injured linebacker Brock Hekking.
- The Saints waived safety Michael Caputo and quarterback Griffin Neal after this weekend’s rookie minicamp, Evan Woodbery of The Times-Picayune tweets. According to Wilson (on Twitter), the team has also cut receiver Shane Wynn.
- In a related move, the Saints inked linebacker Tony Steward (Twitter link via Woodbery). Steward played at Clemson and was a fifth-round pick of Buffalo in 2015.
- The Saints signed Jake Lampman, Wilson tweets. The Ferris State product caught 52 passes for 731 yards and eight touchdowns last season.
Ben Levine contributed to this post.