Here are today’s restricted free agent and exclusive-rights free agent tender decisions, with the list being updated throughout the day. All links go to Twitter unless otherwise noted:
Tendered at the second-round level ($2.914MM):
- Cowboys DE David Irving (story)
- Giants: C Brett Jones (story via Ralph Vacchiano of SNY)
- Jets: Quincy Enunwa (story)
Tendered at original round level ($1.907MM):
- Browns: DT Jamie Meder
- Chiefs: DE Rakeem Nunez-Roches (via Adam Caplan of SiriusXM)
- Jets: OL Brent Qvale, TE Neal Sterling
- Lions: WR T.J. Jones (via Michael Rothstein of ESPN.com)
- Rams: OLB Matt Longacre (via Rapoport)
- Seahawks: DE Dion Jordan (story)
- Texans: C Greg Mancz
- Buccaneers: DE Ryan Russell (via Greg Auman of the Tampa Bay Times)
- Chargers: LB Josh Keyes
- Chiefs: LB Ramik Wilson (via Terez A. Paylor of the Kansas City Star)
- Dolphins: OL Anthony Steen
- Falcons: RB Terron Ward (via D. Orlando Ledbetter)
- Jaguars: S Peyton Thompson, RB Tyler Gaffney
- Jets: DL Xavier Cooper
- Lions: RB Zach Zenner, DE Brandon Copeland, DL Zac Kerin
- Packers: LB Joe Thomas (via Tom Silverstein of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel)
- Panthers: WR Kaelin Clay, CB Ladarius Gunter, TE Scott Simonson, OL David Yankey (via David Newton of ESPN.com)
- Rams: LB Cameron Lynch, T Darrell Williams
- Saints: WR Brandon Coleman, DT David Parry
- Seahawks: RB Thomas Rawls, RB Mike Davis (via Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times)
- Steelers: WR Eli Rogers (story via Joe Rutter of the Pittsburgh Tribune Review)
- Texans: LB Brian Peters, DE Angelo Blackson, LB Ben Heeney
- Titans: S Curtis Riley (via Cameron Wolfe of ESPN.com), RB Bishop Sankey (via Chris Tomasson)
- Browns: QB Kevin Hogan
- Colts: TE Erik Swoope, G Jeremy Vujnovich, CB Christopher Milton, LS Luke Rhodes
- Dolphins: C Jake Brendel, LB Mike Hull, CB Jordan Lucas
- Giants: DT Robert Thomas (via Vacchiano)
- Jets: S Doug Middleton FB Lawrence Thomas TE Eric Tomlinson
- Lions: QB Jake Rudock, DT Christian Ringo
- Packers: WR Geronimo Allison (via Rob Demovsky of ESPN.com)
- Rams: K Sam Ficken (via Alden Gonzalez of ESPN.com)
- Raiders: LB/DE James Cowser, S Erik Harris, G/T Denver Kirkland
- Ravens: LB Patrick Onwuasor, WR Quincy Adeboyejo, OL Matt Skura, OL Maurquice Shakir
- Seahawks: RB J.D. McKissic, DE Quinton Jefferson, DE Branden Jackson (via Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times)
The Panthers made a series of moves on Friday to bring their roster to 77 players, still 24 above the 53-man limit (courtesy of Bryan Strickland of the team’s website):
- C Brian Folkerts
- CB Devonte Johnson
- DT Gabriel Mass
- DE Arthur Miley
- DE Efe Obada
- TE Bryce Williams
- DT Connor Wujciak
- CB Zack Sanchez (waived/injured)
Released outright (vested veterans who are not subject to waivers):
Placed on IR:
Here are today’s reserve/futures contract signings from around the NFL. These deals will go into effect on the first day of the 2017 league year, with players joining their respective clubs’ offseason 90-man rosters.
- WR Kenny Bell
- OL Jarell Broxton
- RB Stephen Houston
- OL Jarrod Pughsley
- OL Matt Skura
- QB Dustin Vaughan
- T Blaine Clausell
- DT Eric Crume
- WR Keyarris Garrett
- CB Tyler Patmon
- RB Jalen Simmons
- TE Scott Simonson
- T Pearce Slater
- T Tyrus Thompson
- TE Eric Wallace
Today’s practice squad moves:
- Signed: OL Cornelius Edison
- Cut: OL Colin Kelly
- Signed: S Ryan Murphy
- Signed: OL Jeff Adams
- Signed: WR Tevaun Smith
Kansas City Chiefs
- Signed: TE MyCole Pruitt
New Orleans Saints
- Signed: CB Brian Dixon
- Signed: WR George Farmer
Friday’s minor NFL moves:
- The Panthers have promoted guard Tyler Larsen from their practice squad and cut tight end Scott Simonson, per a team announcement. Larsen, a third-year man who was previously with the Dolphins and Redskins, logged his first career NFL appearance in the Panthers’ Week 4 loss to the Falcons. As for Simonson, this is the second time the Panthers have cut him this year. They previously parted with the 24-year-old Oct. 15 and then re-signed him three days later.
Tuesday’s minor moves from around the NFL:
- The Steelers announced that they have signed offensive tackle Brian Mihalik to the team’s active roster off the Lions‘ practice squad. To make room, offensive lineman Matt Feiler was cut loose. Mihalik spent the 2016 offseason and part of training camp with Pittsburgh.
- The Panthers have re-signed tight end Scott Simonson, as Joe Person of the Charlotte Observer tweets. To make room for him, the Panthers have cut defensive end Lavar Edwards, who recorded one sack this year. As Person notes (Twitter link), that’s more than the combined total that starters Kony Ealy and Charles Johnson (0.5) have between them.
- The Colts announced that they have elevated wide receiver Tevaun Smith from their practice squad to the 53-man roster. Smith will take the place of fellow wideout Quan Bray, who’s now on IR with an ankle injury (via Kevin Bowen of the team’s website). Bray has only three catches this year, but he is the Colts’ primary return man.
- The Seahawks announced that they have placed defensive tackle Garrison Smith on IR and signed defensive tackle Sealver Siliga to the 53-man roster.
- The Saints have released cornerback Tony Carter from IR, tweets Nick Underhill of the Advocate.
To make room for the promotion of cornerback Lou Young from their practice squad, the Panthers have cut tight end Scott Simonson, according to Joe Person of the Charlotte Observer. The team has also added wide receiver Damiere Byrd to its practice squad as a replacement for Young (Twitter links).
Simonson, 24, joined the Panthers before the 2015 campaign and ultimately appeared in 14 regular-season games (one start) with the club. The blocking specialist tallied only one catch as a Panther after going without a reception with his previous employer, the Raiders, in 2014. Simonson’s exit from Carolina’s roster leaves Ed Dickson as the only backup to No. 1 tight end Greg Olsen.
The Panthers waived Byrd on Thursday, but he’ll now rejoin the organization after going unclaimed. Byrd originally signed with the Panthers last year as an undrafted free agent from South Carolina. He hasn’t yet logged any NFL action.
Photo courtesy of USA Today Sports Images.
Today’s minor NFL signings, cuts, and other moves:
- The Lions have claimed defensive tackle Khyri Thornton off waivers, reports Jeff Howe of the Boston Herald (via Twitter). Thornton was cut by the Patriots yesterday. He will fill the spot opened when the Lions waived defensive tackle Ishmaa’ily Kitchen this morning.
- The Rams have promoted running back Trey Watts to the active roster, and waived safety Christian Bryant to make room for him, writes Nick Wagoner of ESPN (via Twitter).
- The Panthers have also promoted a player from the practice squad to the active roster, bringing tight end Scott Simonson up, according to Max Henson of Panthers.com. The team placed tight end Richie Brockel on the IR to make room for Simonson.
- Washington has removed wide receiver Issac Blakeney from the IR with an injury settlement, reports Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle (via Twitter).