The Patriots’ draft class is nearly sewn up. On Monday, the Pats signed third-round defensive end Chase Winovich, according to Field Yates of ESPN.com (on Twitter). It’s a four-year deal worth $3.83MM with a signing bonus of roughly $997K.
With Winovich inked, third-round running back Damien Harris stands as the Patriots’ only unsigned draft pick, as shown by PFR’s tracker:
- 1-32: N’Keal Harry, WR (Arizona State): Signed
- 2-45: JoeJuan Williams, CB (Vanderbilt): Signed
- 3-77: Chase Winovich, DE (Michigan): Signed
- 3-87: Damien Harris, RB (Alabama)
- 3-101: Yodny Cajuste, T (West Virginia): Signed
- 4-118: Hjalte Froholdt, G ( Arkansas): Signed
- 4-133: Jarrett Stidham, QB (Auburn): Signed
- 5-159: Byron Cowart, DT (Maryland): Signed
- 5-163: Jake Bailey, P (Stanford): Signed
- 7-252: Ken Webster, CB (Ole Miss): Signed
Winovich began his career at Michigan as a tight end, but shifted to the other side of the ball for his junior season. He immediately found success, racking up five sacks and 8.5 tackles for loss in 2016. He only improved from there, notching 8.5 sacks and 19 TFL in ’17. His stat sheet wasn’t as gaudy last season, but he still managed five sacks on the year and while flashing strong technique.
Photo courtesy of USA Today Sports Images.