And just like that, the Rams’ entire draft class has been signed. After inking three of their rookies on Friday morning, the Rams following up by signing third-round running back Darrell Henderson, third-round cornerback David Long, third-round tackle Bobby Evans, fourth-round defensive tackle Greg Gaines, and fifth-round tackle David Edwards.
Second-round safety Taylor Rapp was the highest-selected player in the Rams’ rookie class, but most of the attention is on Henderson, who rushed for 1,909 yards and 22 touchdowns on just 214 carries last year. His 8.9 yards per rush was no fluke, as he posted the exact same average as a sophomore in 2017. Henderson could see a decent amount of work behind star Todd Gurley and he’ll really be in the limelight if Gurley’s knee issues remerge in 2019.
Here’s the full rundown of the Rams’ draft class:
- 2-61: Taylor Rapp, S (Washington)
- 3-70: Darrell Henderson, RB (Memphis)
- 3-79: David Long, CB (Michigan)
- 3-97: Bobby Evans, T (Oklahoma)
- 4-134: Greg Gaines, DT (Washington)
- 5-169: David Edwards, T (Wisconsin)
- 7-243: Nick Scott, S (Penn State)
- 7-251: Dakota Allen, LB (Texas Tech)
Photo courtesy of USA Today Sports Images.