Brad Holmes just completed his first draft as Lions GM, and the executive has now completed his first crop of undrafted free agent signings. The Lions agreed to terms with 13 UDFAs today, per the team website:
- Jonathan Adams, WR, Arkansas State
- D’Angelo Amos, S, Virginia
- Tavante Beckett, LB, Marshall
- Rakeem Boyd, RB, Arkansas
- Jake Hausmann, TE, Ohio State
- Drake Jackson, C, Kentucky
- Jerry Jacobs, CB, Arkansas
- Tommy Kraemer, G, Notre Dame
- Javon McKinley, WR, Notre Dame
- Dedrick Mills, RB, Nebraska
- AJ Parker, CB, Kansas State
- Sage Surratt, WR, Wake Forest
- Brock Wright, TE, Notre Dame
McKinley received a lucrative payday to join the Lions, receiving $100K in guaranteed money, including an $85K guaranteed base salary (per Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle on Twitter). After dealing with injuries through his first three years of college, McKinley had a breakout campaign in 2020, hauling in 42 receptions for 717 yards and three touchdowns. He’ll be joined in Detroit by two of his college teammates, offensive lineman Tommy Kraemer and tight end Brock Wright.
Jacobs is one of the more intriguing signings. The cornerback put himself on the NFL radar following a 2018 campaign where he compiled 31 tackles, 12 passes defended, and four interceptions. However, he missed the majority of the 2019 season with a torn ACL, and he ultimately sat out the entire 2020 campaign.