Today’s workouts, all courtesy of veteran NFL reporter Howard Balzer (on Twitter):
- K’s Ty Long (BC CFL), Tristan Vizcaino
Kansas City Chiefs:
- LB Josh Keyes, RB Terry Swanson
New York Giants:
- DEs Tobi Antigha (SASK), Jake Ceresna (EDM); QB Bo Levi Mitchell (CALG); WRs Bryant Mitchell (EDM), Jordan Williams-Lambert (SASK); RB Terry Williams
- WRs Carlton Agudosi, Marken Michel (CALG), Devin Smith; DB Mercy Maston (EDM); LBs Alex Singleton (CALG), Jameer Thurman (CALG)
- QB Max Browne; LB Sam Eguavoen (SASK); DE Avery Ellis (OTT); WR Dominique Rhymes (OTT
- WRs Kaelin Clay, Kalif Raymond; LB Tyrone Holmes; RB Akeem Hunt; DE Hau’oli Kikaha; LB Anthony Winbush
- QBs Max Browne and Joe Callahan, WRs Tre McBride and Carlos Henderson, TE Jace Amaro, OTs Isaiah Battle and Cyrus Kouandjio, DE Hau’oli Kikaha and LB Corey Nelson
This time of year, a lot of teams are auditioning guys for potential reserve/futures deals to be a part of their 90-man rosters for 2019. It’s also common to see a lot of CFL guys getting looks this time of year, because players participating in the 2018 CFL season aren’t eligible to sign NFL contracts until after the regular season is over.
Today’s practice squad updates, all courtesy of veteran NFL reporter Howard Balzer (on Twitter):
- WR Bryant Mitchell; T Ryker Mathews; LBs Tobi Antigha, Sam Eguavoen, Pete Robertson, Alex Singleton, Jameer Thurman; K Ty Long
- G Avery Gennesy
- RB Jarvion Franklin; TE Kevin Rader; G Ian Park; DT Lance McDowell; S Jack Tocho
Green Bay Packers
Los Angeles Chargers
- LB Jameer Thurman; DEs Tobi Antigha, Kwaku Boateng; S Chris Edwards
New Orleans Saints
San Francisco 49ers
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- G Chris Schleuger; T Dakoda Shepley; DB Tevaughn Campbell; Ks Jon Brown, Trevor Moore; Ps Hayden Hunt, Ryan Winslow; LS Zach Triner
Many clubs are announcing their roster moves in bulk during cutdowns, but we’ll round up the stragglers here:
- The Eagles announced that they have signed running back Cedric O’Neal, who was previously released by the team on August 21. Additionally, Philadelphia has released cornerback Aaron Grymes with an injury settlement, Geoff Mosher of 97.5 The Fanatic tweets.
- The Falcons reached an injury settlement with running back Cyrus Gray, who has been dealing a hamstring injury, the team announced.
- The Redskins announced that they’ve claimed offensive lineman Vinston Painter off waivers from the Dolphins.
- The Jets have waived/injured running back Romar Morris, who is going to have shoulder surgery next week, according to Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle (Twitter link).
- The Cowboys have placed defensive lineman Shaneil Jenkins (knee), linebacker James Morris (shoulder) and cornerback Jeremiah McKinnon on waived/injured list, the club announced. Cornerback Josh Thomas (thumb) was placed on injured reserve.
- The Vikings have made several roster moves today, cutting quarterback Brad Sorensen, wide receiver Marken Michel, defensive lineman Claudell Louis, and offensive tackle Austin Shepherd (Twitter links: 1, 2, 3 via Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Press); and tight end Brian Leonhardt (Twitter link via Darren Wolfson of 1500 ESPN).
- Chiefs guard/center Garrick Mayweather has been waived, the team announced.
- The Seahawks have waived OL/DL Kristjan Sokoli, who was selected in the sixth round last year, per his agent Brett Tessler (Twitter link).
The Vikings have formally agreed to terms with 10 rookie free agents who went undrafted over the weekend, the team announced in a press release.
Minnesota’s 10 undrafted free agent signees are split evenly between offense and defense, with a focus on skill-position players on the offensive side of the ball — there are no offensive linemen in this group. Here’s the full list:
- CB Keith Baxter (Marshall)
- TE Kyle Carter (Penn State)
- DE Theiren Cockran (Minnesota)
- LB Jake Ganus (Georgia)
- WR Marken Michel (UMass-Amherst)
- DE Denzell Perine (Florida International)
- RB Jhurell Pressley (New Mexico)
- CB Eric Rawls (Kentucky State)
- RB Brandon Ross (Maryland)
- QB Joel Stave (Wisconsin)